As a patient, you have the responsibility to:
- Give accurate information regarding your medical history.
- Notify your caregiver of any unexpected changes relating to your health.
- Actively participate in decisions regarding your health care.
- Ask questions when you do not understand what you have been told, or what you are expected to do.
- Follow the treatment plan as agreed upon by you and your caregiver.
- Inform your caregiver if you do not intend to follow your treatment plan.
- Be accountable for the outcome if you or your family refuses treatment or fails to properly follow instructions.
- Respect the rights of others and observe the rules of common courtesy.
- Promptly meet any financial obligation agreed to with the hospital (this applies to patients and their families).